Athabasca Minerals Announces RockChain(TM) Chief Technology Officer and Other Management Changes
July 8, 2021
Calgary, Alberta--(Newsfile Corp. - July 8, 2021) - Athabasca Minerals Inc. (TSXV: AMI) ("AMI" or the "Corporation") announces the following organizational changes:
- Paul Leveille has been appointed as Chief Technology Officer ("CTO") of AMI RockChain Inc., effective July 1, 2021. Paul joined AMI RockChain with the Corporation's acquisition of TerraShift Engineering Ltd in June 2020 and has been key to leading the next generation of technology development of RockChainTM including the integration of proprietary TerraMaps software.
- Cheryl Grue has been appointed as Director of Corporate Affairs, effective July 1, 2021. Cheryl has been with AMI since 2018 with increasing responsibilities. In her new role, Cheryl will be responsible for corporate and stakeholder relations, corporate governance, and strategic Human Resource initiatives.
- Tanya Finney has resigned from her position as Director of Investor and Stakeholder Relations to pursue other interests. AMI appreciates the contributions that Tanya made in her role and wishes her success in her future endeavors.
ABOUT ATHABASCA MINERALS INC.
Athabasca Minerals is an integrated group of companies capable of full life-cycle development and supply of aggregates and industrial minerals. The Corporation is comprised of the following business units:
- AMI Aggregates division produces and sells aggregates out of its corporate pits and manages the Coffey Lake Public Pit on behalf of the Government of Alberta.
- AMI Silica division (www.amisilica.com) is positioning to become a leading supplier of premium domestic silica sand with regional deposits located in Alberta and North-East BC and holds a 5-year purchase agreement with Shell Canada for the supply of proppant.
- Privco1 & Privco2 are private Alberta corporations acquired by AMI with premium domestic sand holdings strategically located with respect to the Montney and Duvernay sedimentary basins. Privco2 supports the 'Prosvita Sand Project' (formerly called the Duvernay Sand Project) and AMI's development application for regulatory approval. The Prosvita Sand Project has engaged the business interest of an international corporation offering industrial synergies (power, utilities, industrial water, rail, environmental green benefits) and with whom negotiations are ongoing.
- AMI RockChain division (www.amirockchain.com) is a midstream, technology-enabled business that deploys its proprietary RockChain™ digital platform, associated industry econometrics, supply-chain algorithms, quality-assurance & safety programs to bring customers integrated supply-delivery solutions of industrial minerals to industry, infrastructure and construction sectors.
- TerraShift Engineering (www.terrashift.ca) was acquired by AMI RockChain in June 2020. TerraShift conducts resource exploration & development programs, regulatory engineering, mine planning, environmental reclamation and remediation, and compliance reporting for a growing customer base across Western Canada and Ontario. TerraShift is also the developer of its proprietary TerraMaps™ software.
For further information, please contact:
Cheryl Grue, Director, Corporate Affairs
Tel: 587-392-5862 / Email: email@example.com
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This news release contains certain statements or disclosures relating to Athabasca that are based on the expectations of its management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to Athabasca which may constitute forward-looking statements or information ("forward-looking statements") under applicable securities laws. All such statements and disclosures, other than those of historical fact, which address activities, events, outcomes, results or developments that Athabasca anticipates or expects may, or will occur in the future (in whole or in part) should be considered forward-looking statements. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of the words "would", "will", "anticipates", believes", "explores" and similar expressions.
Athabasca believes the material factors, expectations and assumptions reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable at this time but no assurance can be given that these factors, expectations and assumptions will prove to be correct. The forward-looking statements included in this news release are not guarantees of future performance and should not be unduly relied upon. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements including, without limitation: a significant expansion in COVID-19 restricting or prohibiting the operation of the Athabasca's facilities or significantly impacting the Corporation's supply chain; the duration and extent of the relatively low global oil prices; general economic, market and business conditions including those in the event of an epidemic, natural disaster or other event; increased costs and expenses; reliance on industry partners; and certain other risks detailed from time to time in Athabasca's public disclosure documents including, without limitation, those risks identified in this news release, and in Athabasca's annual information form, copies of which are available on Athabasca's SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com. Moreover, the duration and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is unknown at this time and it is not possible to reliably estimate the length and severity of these developments and the impact on the financial results and condition of the Corporation.
Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Furthermore, the forward-looking statements contained in this news release are made as at the date of this news release and the Corporation does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any of the forward-looking statements, except as may be required by applicable securities laws.
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/89803